We provide courses “off the shelf” or tailored to your needs.
An introduction to mental fitness: 2 hours
- Ideal for the wider workforce
- How does mental fitness influence individuals?
- Stigma and the language used to describe mental health
- Positive pressure and stress
- Why do people respond differently to stress?
- Introduction to anxiety and depression
Mental Health awareness and management workshop: 4 hours
- Ideal for managers/team leaders
- How does mental fitness influence individual’s performance and attendance?
- Language and stigma
- Getting the best from return to work interviews/staying in touch
- Gain skills and confidence in managing employees with stress related issues
- Duty of care and discussion of case studies
- Introduction to HSE stress management standards
- Signposting for support
Mental Health First Aid, 2-day course. The Gold Standard!
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
Mindshift can also provide a role description for your in-house MHFAiders and work with you to ensure this new role is communicated company-wide and safely implemented.
One-day Adult MHFA course
- 1-day intensive course for up to 16 delegates
- Delegates qualify as a MHFA Champion
- Includes manual, workbook, certificate
- An understanding of common mental health issues
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health
- Confidence to support anyone experiencing mental distress
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
Half day Adult MHFA
- A 4-hour course for up to 16 delegatess
- Delegates qualify as Mental Health Aware
- Includes manual, workbook and certificate
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Want more information on MHFA and their courses?
Continuous Professional Development
Mindshift has a team of associates who are experts in their field and who provide further wellbeing courses relating to:
- financial stress
- the importance of sleep
- the role of nutrition
- the impact of alcohol and drug use
- self-harming behaviours
- eating disorders
- suicide intervention
We encourage your mental health ambassadors, HR and management staff to continue their learning and to upskill their knowledge to better support your employees.